Montreal and Lachine Railroad
Montreal and Lachine Railroad began operations 19 November 1847 between Bonaventure Station in Montréal and the St Lawrence River. Built to bypass the LACHINE rapids, it was 12 km long. The railway merged with the Lake St Louis and Province Railway in 1850, taking the name Montreal and New York Railroad. In 1857 it amalgamated with the CHAMPLAIN AND SAINT LAWRENCE RAILROAD under the name Montreal and Champlain Railroad. It was eventually absorbed by the GRAND TRUNK RAILWAY.