Morris Pianos, Ltd.
Morris Pianos, Ltd. Established in 1892 by three businessmen in Listowel, northwest of Waterloo, Ont, as Morris, Feild, Rogers Co, Ltd. Described in Industrial Canada, February 1904, as successor to the Brantford Piano Co, it produced pianos, piano cases, and piano and organ keyboard blanks. The company received a bronze medal at the 1900 Paris Exhibition. By 1907 it was known by Morris' name alone, but in 1909 it amalgamated with the Karn Piano Co to become the Karn Morris Piano and Organ Co, with its head office at Woodstock. By then it had made over 10,000 pianos. The company separated from Karn and was re-organized as Morris Pianos, Ltd, in 1920, with E.C. Thornton as managing director and J.H. Pettit as president. The head office was located in Toronto; the factory remained in Listowel. The company was not listed in the Canadian Business Directory after 1924.