Cornwall (PEI)

Cornwall, PEI, incorporated as a town in 1995, population 5162 (2011c), 4677 (2006c). The Town of Cornwall is located 6 kilometres west of CHARLOTTETOWN. Named after the Duchy of Cornwall in England, the community was originally


Cornwall (PEI)

 Cornwall, PEI, incorporated as a town in 1995, population 5162 (2011c), 4677 (2006c). The Town of Cornwall is located 6 kilometres west of CHARLOTTETOWN. Named after the Duchy of Cornwall in England, the community was originally known as Pye's Corner. The local school district was established in 1849, and in 1855 the post office was established. Granted village status in 1966, on 1 April 1995, three communities (Cornwall, Eliot River and North River) were amalgamated into the town of Cornwall.