Dominion Arsenal

Dominion Arsenal, the first government cartridge and shell factory and proofing facility, established 1882 at Québec to provide the Canadian Militia with ammunition.

Dominion Arsenal

Dominion Arsenal, the first government cartridge and shell factory and proofing facility, established 1882 at Québec to provide the Canadian Militia with ammunition. A second arsenal was built in Lindsay, Ontario, during WWI, and other plants were built or converted to small arms and artillery-shell production during WWII by the Department of Munitions and Supply. In September 1945 these were brought together as Canadian Arsenals Limited, a crown corporation now reporting to the Department of Supply and Services.


External Links