Miscouche, PEI, incorporated as a village in 1957 and as a community in 1983, population 869 (2011c), 769 (2006c). The Community of Miscouche is situated 67 km west of Charlottetown. The name is a derivation of a Mi'kmaq word meaning "little grassy islands" or "little marshy place." An inland community, Miscouche is located in an agricultural area. It was originally settled by Acadians from Malpeque Bay in 1727. In the early 1800s, Scottish settlers then immigrated to Miscouche.
In 1884, Miscouche hosted the historic second Convention nationale acadienne (National Acadian Convention), during the course of which delegates adopted all the national symbols Acadians use today: the flag, the national anthem, the motto and the crest.
Today, the town is chiefly a residential community. Much of the population is either retired or employed in SUMMERSIDE or at the adjacent large industrial park that was once CFB Summerside. On the main route to Acadian PEI, Miscouche has benefited from tourism and the Acadia Museum of Prince Edward is located here. The community's main landmark is the Roman Catholic Church (1892) built in the High Victorian Gothic Revival style.