Tillsonburg

Tillsonburg, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1872, population 15 301 (2011c), 14 822 (2006c). The Town of Tillsonburg is located in Oxford County, 40 km east of ST THOMAS. Founder George Tillson arrived in 1825 and opened a forge


Tillsonburg

 Tillsonburg, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1872, population 15 301 (2011c), 14 822 (2006c). The Town of Tillsonburg is located in Oxford County, 40 km east of ST THOMAS. Founder George Tillson arrived in 1825 and opened a forge using bog iron. First known as Dereham Forge, the community became Tillsonburg in 1836. It was a POLICE VILLAGE in 1865 and a town soon after. An agriculture servicing centre, its manufacturing sector includes automotive parts, plastics, and food processing.