Browse "Cities & Populated Places"

Article

Springdale

Springdale, NL, incorporated as a town in 1965, population 2907 (2011c), 2764 (2006c). The Town of Springdale is located on the northwest side of Halls Bay near the mouth of the Indian River.

Article

Springfield

Springfield, Manitoba, incorporated as a rural municipality in 1873, population 14 069 (2011c), 12 990 (2006c).

Article

Springhill

Springhill, NS, incorporated as a town in 1889, population 3868 (2011c), 3941 (2006c). The Town of Springhill, located in the heart of Cumberland County on the Chignecto Isthmus.

Article

Spruce Grove

Spruce Grove, Alta, incorporated as a city in 1986, population 26 171 (2011c), 19 541 (2006c). The City of Spruce Grove is located just west of Edmonton and is the eastern neighbour of the town STONY PLAIN. French and Scottish settlers arrived in 1891.

Article

Squamish

Squamish, BC, incorporated as a district municipality in 1964, population 17 158 (2011c), 14 949 (2006c).

Article

St Alban's

St. Alban's, NL, incorporated as a town in 1964, population 1233 (2011c), 1278 (2006c). The Town of St Alban's is located at the mouth of Bay D'Espoir on the south coast of Newfoundland.

Article

St Albert

St Albert, Alta, incorporated as a city in 1977, population 61 466 (2011c), 57 764 (2006c). The City of St Albert is located along the northwestern city boundary of EDMONTON.

Article

St Andrews (Man)

St Andrews, Manitoba, incorporated as a rural municipality in 1880, population 11 875 (2011c), 11 359 (2006c). The Rural Municipality of St Andrews stretches from a boundary 8 km north of WINNIPEG to Winnipeg Beach and Netley Marsh at the southern tip of Lake Winnipeg.

Article

St Anthony

St Anthony, NL, incorporated as a town in 1945, population 2418 (2011c), 2476 (2006c). The Town of St Anthony is located near the top of the Northern Peninsula.

Article

St Boniface

St Boniface, Manitoba, former city and historic French community, now a municipal ward of the metropolitan government of the city of Winnipeg (incorporated in 1972). St Boniface is located on the banks of the Red and Seine rivers in eastern Winnipeg.

Article

St George's

St George's, NL, incorporated as a town in 1965, population 1207 (2011c), 1246 (2006c). The Town of St George's is located on the southeast side of St George's Bay, on the west coast of Newfoundland.

Article

St Lawrence

St Lawrence, NL, incorporated as a town in 1949, population 1244 (2011c), 1349 (2006c). The Town of St Lawrence is located in the southeast corner of Newfoundland on the Burin Peninsula.

Article

St Marys

The CANADA COMPANY had the area surveyed in 1839. The first settlers were attracted to the community in the 1840s because its location on the banks of the 2 watercourses meant water power to run various mills.

Article

St Paul

St Paul, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1937, population 5400 (2011c), 5106 (2006c). The Town of St Paul, county seat for the County of St Paul, is located on the north shore of Upper Therien Lake, 202 km northeast of Edmonton.

Article

St Peter's

St Peter's, NS, incorporated as a village in, inc 1940. St Peter's is situated between St Peter's Inlet and St Peter's Bay on the south shore of Cape Breton Island.

Article

St Peters Bay

St Peters Bay, PEI, incorporated as a village in 1953 and as a community in 1983, population 253 (2011c), 248 (2006c). The Community of St Peters Bay, 53 km northeast of Charlottetown, is located at the head of a bay of the same

Article

St Pierre-Jolys

St-Pierre-Jolys, Manitoba, incorporated as a village in 1947, population 1099 (2011c), 839 (2006c). The Village of St-Pierre-Jolys is located 56 km southeast of WINNIPEG near the Rat River.

Article

St Stephen

St Stephen, NB, incorporated as a town in 1973, population 4817 (2011c), 4780 (2006c). The Town of St Stephen is located on the ST CROIX RIVER in southwestern New Brunswick.

Article

St Thomas

  St Thomas, Ont, incorporated as a city in 1881, seat of Elgin County, population 37 905 (2011c), 36 110 (2006c). The City of St Thomas is located in southwestern Ontario, 29 km south of London. In 1803 Thomas TALBOT began to place settlers on a large tract of land he owned N of Lake Erie.