Browse "Towns"

Article

Coronach

Coronach, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1978, population 711 (2011c), 770 (2006c). The Town of Coronach is located 15 km north of the international boundary and 145 kilometres southwest of REGINA.

Article

Portugal Cove-St Philip's

Portugal Cove-St Philip's, NL, incorporated as a town in 1992, population 7366 (2011c), 6575 (2006c). The Town of Portugal Cove-St Philip's is the result of the amalgamation of three former towns, Portugal Cove, St Philip's and Hogan's Pond, and the lands surrounding the communities.

Article

Pouch Cove

Pouch Cove, NL, incorporated as a town in 1970, population 1866 (2011c), 1756 (2006c). The Town of Pouch Cove is located about 25 km north of ST JOHN'S near Cape St Francis.

Article

Upper Island Cove

Upper Island Cove, NL, incorporated as a town in 1965, population 1594 (2011c), 1667 (2006c). The Town of Upper Island Cove was created when two communities (Upper Island Cove and Spoon Cove) amalgamated. The town is located north of SPANIARD'S BAY on the northwest side of CONCEPTION BAY.

Article

Cowansville

Cowansville was an agricultural, textile and furniture-making centre until 1940, when it underwent industrial diversification. Situated about 20 km from the US border and 85 km southeast of MONTRÉAL, it has attracted several large companies based in the northern United States and Ontario.

Article

Lake Cowichan

Lake Cowichan, BC, incorporated as a town in 1996, population 2974 (2011c), 3012 (2006c). The Town of Lake Cowichan is located adjacent to the Cowichan River and Cowichan Lake on southern VANCOUVER ISLAND, 26 km west of DUNCAN.

Article

Pincher Creek

Pincher Creek, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1906, population 3685 (2011c), 3625 (2006c). The Town of Pincher Creek is located in southwestern Alberta at the eastern edge of the ROCKY MOUNTAINS. It was established in 1878 as a NORTH-WEST MOUNTED POLICE post and farm on Pincher's Creek.

Article

Fox Creek

Fox Creek, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1967, population 1969 (2011c), 2278 (2006c). The Town of Fox Creek is located 74 km west of WHITECOURT. The town is named after a creek that flows through the community.

Article

Creighton

The town of Creighton dates from the 1930s when the Department of Natural Resources constructed a road from Flin Flon to Amisk Lake. People began to settle along the road, and after World War II a town site was surveyed. The lots were largely taken up by young men returning from the armed services.

Article

Creston

Creston, BC, incorporated as a town in 1924, population 5306 (2011c), 4826 (2006c). The Town of Creston is located in the west Kootenay region of southeastern British Columbia.

Article

Stephenville Crossing

Stephenville Crossing, NL, incorporated as a town in 1958, population 1875 (2011c), 1960 (2006c). The Town of Stephenville Crossing is located at the head of St George's Bay on a low, flat floodplain between STEPHENVILLE and ST GEORGE'S on the west coast of Newfoundland.

Article

Cupids

Cupids, NL, incorporated as a town in 1965, population 761 (2011c), 790 (2006c). The Town of Cupids is located in southwest CONCEPTION BAY on the AVALON PENINSULA about 80 km west of St John's.

Article

Val-d'Or

The town was originally made up of 2 separate municipalities. The first, Bourlamaque, founded in 1934 by the Lamaque Mining Co, was a company town for many years. The other, Val-d'Or, was incorporated as a village in 1935 and a town 2 years later, and began as a bustling gold-rush town.

Article

Dalhousie

Dalhousie, NB, incorporated as a town in 1905, population 3512 (2011c), 3676 (2006c). The Town of Dalhousie, the shire town of Restigouche County (since 1837), is located on New Brunswick's north shore at the mouth of the Restigouche River.

Article

Dalmeny

Dalmeny, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1983, population 1702 (2011c), 1560 (2006c). The Town of Dalmeny is located 30 km northwest of SASKATOON. It is apparently named after Dalmeny, Scotland.

Article

Dawson

Dawson (also Dawson City), Yukon, incorporated as a town in 1904, population 1319 (2011c), 1327 (2006c).

Article

Deep River

Deep River, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1959, population 4193 (2011c), 4216 (2006c). The Town of Deep River is located in eastern Ontario, 208 km northwest of Ottawa.

Article

Delson

Delson was built up around a junction of the Delaware and Hudson and GRAND TRUNK railway lines. Originally known as Delson Junction, its name is the joining of the first syllable of Delaware to the last syllable of Hudson.

Article

Didsbury

Didsbury, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1906, population 4957 (2011c), 4305 (2006c). The Town of Didsbury is located about 75 km north of Calgary and is named after the town of Didsbury near Manchester in England.