Yukon Field Force

Yukon Field Force (1898-1900), composed of 203 officers and men drawn from all 3 branches (cavalry, artillery and infantry) of the Permanent Force of the Canadian Militia.

Yukon Field Force

Yukon Field Force (1898-1900), composed of 203 officers and men drawn from all 3 branches (cavalry, artillery and infantry) of the Permanent Force of the Canadian Militia. It was sent to the Yukon, to be based at Ft Selkirk with a detachment at Dawson, as a symbol of Canadian sovereignty and as a support for the civil power in maintaining law and order in the territory during the Klondike Gold Rush. Half the force was withdrawn in Sept 1899 and the remainder, restyled the Yukon Garrison, left a year later.


External Links