Canada House

Canada House, a distinctive symbol of Canadian interests in Britain, located in London's bustling Trafalgar Square.

Canada House, a distinctive symbol of Canadian interests in Britain, located in London's bustling Trafalgar Square. After immigration, financial and trade promotion had been directed for years from rented quarters, the imposing Union Club premises were purchased in 1923, refurbished by the Honorable Peter Larkin, high commissioner, with Canadian materials, and opened by George V in 1925. Successive Canadian high commissioners to Britain used its offices until expansion into Sir John A. Macdonald House. Today, Canada House is the headquarters in Britain for promoting Canadian culture and information, and a focal point for travelling Canadians.