Duncan McEachran, teacher, administrator (b at Campbelltown, Scot 27 Oct 1841; d at Ormstown, Qué 24 Oct 1924). He graduated from Edinburgh Veterinary College in 1861 and came to Canada in 1862 to practise in Woodstock, Canada West. He lectured at the Montreal Veterinary College at McGill in 1866, the name being changed to Faculty of Comparative Medicine and Veterinary Science in 1889. He served as professor and dean until it closed in 1903.
McEachran established contagious-disease-control programs for Canada in 1875 and was chief veterinary inspector 1884-1902. He was succeeded by J.G. Rutherford, who took over disease control and founded the Health of Animals Branch of the federal Department of Agriculture. McEachran established the first animal-disease quarantine station at Lévis, Qué.