Prince of Wales Trophy
The Prince of Wales Trophy is awarded annually to the team representing the Eastern Conference of the National Hockey League in the Stanley Cup finals. It was donated by the Prince of Wales (later King Edward VIII) to the NHL in 1924. From 1927-28 to 1937-38 it was presented to the first-place team of the American Division, and from 1938-39 to 1967-68 to the team finishing first in the NHL overall. It became a divisional trophy again after expansion in 1967-68, going at first to the East Division, later the Prince of Wales Conference and now the Eastern Conference.