Rennie

Rennie, Man, Unincorporated Place. Rennie is located 130 km east of Winnipeg, at the western boundary of the 2737 km2 WHITESHELL PROVINCIAL PARK, of which it is the headquarters. It is one of the several communities within the Rural Municipality of Reynolds, Man.

Rennie, Man, Unincorporated Place. Rennie is located 130 km east of Winnipeg, at the western boundary of the 2737 km2 WHITESHELL PROVINCIAL PARK, of which it is the headquarters. It is one of the several communities within the Rural Municipality of Reynolds, Man. Named after the British engineering family that designed and built the London Bridge, Rennie became a coal and water station for Canadian Pacific Railroad locomotives in 1880. It later housed construction shops and a station for the Grand Trunk Pacific. In 1884 the area was incorporated into MANITOBA. Whiteshell Forest Reserve was created in 1931, and ranger headquarters were established at Rennie in 1941. Rennie is adjacent to the Alfred Hole Goose Sanctuary, a breeding and staging site for giant CANADA GEESE, a species once thought to be extinct.