Shand House in Windsor, NS, is an ornate Victorian residence built by Clifford and Henrie Shand in 1890 as a family home. Clifford Shand was a noted bicycle racer and the son of a Windsor furniture manufacturer, and the interior of the house reflects this association with fine woodworking. Much of the interior is panelled with cherry and oak, and some of the furniture came from local factories. The house reflects the life of well-to-do Nova Scotians in the late Victorian period, and it is operated by the Nova Scotia Museum Complex. The house is open to the public from early June to mid-October.