Wile Carding Mill
Wile Carding Mill was established in BRIDGEWATER, NS, in 1860 and operated for over a century. In the 19th century the area around Bridgewater was an important sheep-rearing district and area farmers used the mill for carding and batting their wool. The wool was then spun or woven by farm families. At one time Bridgewater, like many small communities in Nova Scotia, was home to several mills and local industries using the water power of the Pleasant River. Wile Carding Mill, which is part of the Nova Scotia Museum Complex, is the last remaining example of this aspect of Bridgewater's industrial past. The mill and its equipment have been restored. The mill is open to the public from early June to mid-October.