Jean-Guy Proulx. Organist, teacher, b Sudbury, Ont, 6 Jun 1949; B MUS organ (Laval) 1972, B MUS piano (Laval) 1976, M MUS (Laval) 1981. His teachers were Sister Pauline Charron, Antoine Bouchard, Antoine Reboulot, Robert Weisz, and Jeanne Landry. Assisted by grants from the Quebec and Canadian governments, he took advanced studies at the Zomeracademie voor organisten in Haarlem, Holland in the classes of Luigi Ferdinando Tagliavini, Ewald Koimann, and Daniel Roth. In 1969 he became organist at St-Germain Cathedral in Rimouski, and in 1979 was actively involved in the restoration of its great Casavant 1921 by the Guilbault-Thérien firm. He was a founding member of the Amis de l'orgue de Rimouski (1971) and took part in planning its seasons. He sat 1983-90 on the Conseil national de musique pour la liturgie. He became a teacher at the Conservatoire de Rimouski in 1979 and also has pursued a solo career, performing in both Canada and the USA. As consultant for the purchase or restoration of organs, he has contributed to the proliferation of organ music and organs in eastern Quebec.