(George) Douglas Millson. Organist, choirmaster, campanologist, b Kingsville, near Windsor, Ont, 20 Jun 1908. He was the son of a Methodist minister and played the organ in his father's church at 13. He later studied at the TCM and the Union Theological Seminary, New York City. He was organist-choirmaster 1936-52 at churches in Port Hope and Chatham, Ont, before moving to Edmonton, where he served 1952-74 as organist-choirmaster at Robertson (renamed Robertson-Wesley) United Church and was the conductor 1954-7 of the Edmonton Male Chorus. He introduced handbell ringing into the program at the church. He was sent by the Alberta government to study campanology 1966-7 at Riverside Church, New York, and at Princeton U. Concurrently he performed (1966-79) on the bell synthesizer at the Alberta Legislative Buildings, Edmonton. Upon retiring he moved to London, Ont.