Evans Brothers Piano and Manufacturing Co, Ltd.
Evans Brothers Piano and Manufacturing Co, Ltd. Established in London, Ont, in 1871 or 1872 under the name E.B. Litler or Littler. The brothers John and William Evans appear to have formed a partnership with Litler ca 1885. The firm had moved to nearby Ingersoll by 1887 (at which time Litler was no longer a partner) and was purchased by William Watterworth in 1894 (or possibly 1891). According to Industrial Canada (February 1904), some 50 workers made about 400 pianos a year; Evans instruments were of average price and quality. Player pianos were introduced before 1912, and a retail store existed in Toronto for some years after 1914. The firm ceased operations before 1935.