From 1760 to 1904, Indigenous and non-Indigenous people alike were members of the same church congregation, Saint-Ambroise-de-la-Nouvelle-Lorette. In 1904, the Huron-Wendat received their own chapel and church register. A parish municipality and village were simultaneously set up to serve the non-Indigenous population. One municipality became the town of Neufchâtel (now part of Quebec City) and the latter became Saint-Ambroise. In 1913, Saint-Ambroise was renamed Loretteville. Loretteville annexed the town of Château-d'Eau in 1965. In 2002, Loretteville became part of Quebec City.
Loretteville benefits economically from the tourist dollars spent in and around Wendake. These tourists are attracted by the prospects of learning about the history of the Huron-Wendat by visiting Notre-Dame-de-Lorette Chapel and the museum in Maison Aroüanne.