Saint-Isidore, NB, incorporated as a village in 1991, population 748 (2011c), 796 (2006c). The Village of Saint-Isidore is located about 10 km inland on the northeastern tip of New Brunswick, 15 km east of TRACADIE-SHEILA.
This area was first discovered by Champlain in 1605. Saint-Isidore was founded in 1875 by ACADIANS who had fled from the English. The settlers faced hardships that included clearing and working their lands. Accordingly, they named their village Saint-Isidore, after the patron saint of farmers.
The village of Saint-Isidore provides services to the surrounding parish (of the same name) that has a population of approximately 2000. The economy has diversified from agriculture to forestry, construction and road building.
Saint-Isidore has an historical museum and a nature interpretation park.