Ste-Scholastique, Qué, was made a parish in 1834, but the village of Ste-Scholastique ceased to exist when land was expropriated in 1969 for the construction of Mirabel Airport. It then became part of the new city of MIRABEL. This former agricultural village in the northwest area of the plain of Montréal was the chief town of the judicial district of Terrebonne from 1857 to1924. Several famous trials were held in its courthouse.
A few kilometres south of the village on the Belle Rivière, 4 windmills long dominated communal life; one, the old Sulpician Manor de Belle-Rivière, built in 1802, still recalls that historic age. When it merged with Mirabel, the village had some 900 inhabitants. Thereafter its life was completely changed by the enormous airport.