Warman

Warman, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1966, population 7084 (2011c), 4769 (2006c). The Town of Warman is located about 20 km north of SASKATOON. In 1890 the Qu'Appelle, Long Lake and Saskatchewan Railway was completed from


Warman

 Warman, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1966, population 7084 (2011c), 4769 (2006c). The Town of Warman is located about 20 km north of SASKATOON. In 1890 the Qu'Appelle, Long Lake and Saskatchewan Railway was completed from REGINA to PRINCE ALBERT through this area, opening it for settlement. In 1905 the CANADIAN NORTHERN RAILWAY bypassed Saskatoon and created a townsite, first named Diamond, and later renamed Warman, after Cy Warman, a journalist who had accompanied the railway's crews as they built the line. In 1913, when the railway decided to build into Saskatoon and to move their headquarters there, most of the facilities at Warman were moved. Nevertheless the town continued to grow slowly as a local commercial and service centre. In recent years Warman has also grown as a result of its proximity to Saskatoon and its location on the highway between Saskatoon and Prince Albert.