Wilton, Sask, incorporated as a rural municipality in 1909, population 1494 (2011c), 1473 (2006c). The Rural Municipality of Wilton is located just east of LLOYDMINSTER on the Saskatchewan-Alberta border. The main communities in the rural municipality are the town of Lashburn and the village of MARSHALL. This area of Saskatchewan was settled in 1903 by the BARR COLONISTS. It is primarily an agricultural area, though heavy oil extraction and the Lloydminster upgrading petrochemical complex also provide employment.