Dalmeny, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1983, population 1702 (2011c), 1560 (2006c). The Town of Dalmeny is located 30 km northwest of Saskatoon. It is apparently named after Dalmeny, Scotland.
The area began to be opened up when Jacob Lepp and John Buhler took up land in the district in 1901. In 1905 the Canadian Northern Railway reached Dalmeny and a townsite began to develop. The following year the first grain elevator was built and a general store opened. The area attracted a large group of Mennonite settlers. A Mennonite Brethren Church was built just north of Dalmeny, Jacob Lepp served as minister.
Due to the town's proximity to Saskatoon, some Dalmeny farmers have developed large dairy operations to sell milk and dairy products to city dwellers. Grain farming is also important for the local economy.