Waterfalls | The Canadian Encyclopedia

Browse "Waterfalls"

Displaying 1-7 of 7 results
  • Article

    Bloody Falls

    Bloody Falls are rapids located about 15 km above the mouth of the Coppermine River in the central Arctic.

    "https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/ae69d3f2-aebe-4a53-b1a8-ddfebac57e3f.jpg" // resources/views/front/categories/view.blade.php
    https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/ae69d3f2-aebe-4a53-b1a8-ddfebac57e3f.jpg Bloody Falls
  • Article

    Churchill Falls

    The project was undertaken by a subsidiary of British Newfoundland Corp Ltd (Brinco), and was at the time the largest civil engineering project ever undertaken in North America. Eighty strategically placed dikes pooled the vast waters of the Labrador Plateau in the Smallwood Reservoir.

    "https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/6761c60a-e8c9-4e41-a437-85b9568cac33.jpg" // resources/views/front/categories/view.blade.php
    https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/6761c60a-e8c9-4e41-a437-85b9568cac33.jpg Churchill Falls
  • Article

    Chute Montmorency

    Chute Montmorency, located 13 km east of Québec City at the mouth of Rivière Montmorency where it empties into the St Lawrence River, is the highest waterfall in the province of Québec and the eighth-highest in Canada.

    "https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/03429e37-1294-429a-8066-983ea6195911.jpg" // resources/views/front/categories/view.blade.php
    https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/03429e37-1294-429a-8066-983ea6195911.jpg Chute Montmorency
  • Article

    Della Falls

    Della Falls is Canada's highest Waterfall.

    "https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/images/tce_placeholder.jpg?v=e9dca980c9bdb3aa11e832e7ea94f5d9" // resources/views/front/categories/view.blade.php
    https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/images/tce_placeholder.jpg?v=e9dca980c9bdb3aa11e832e7ea94f5d9 Della Falls
  • Article

    Helmcken Falls

    Helmcken Falls is located on the Murtle River at the entrance to British Columbia's Wells Gray Provincial Park, an area noted for its many waterfalls. It is the highest in the park and fifth highest in Canada. Situated in the

    "https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/7ee6d9fa-b453-42f3-8c3b-f2a71dd7943f.jpg" // resources/views/front/categories/view.blade.php
    https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/7ee6d9fa-b453-42f3-8c3b-f2a71dd7943f.jpg Helmcken Falls
  • Article

    Niagara Falls (Waterfalls)

    Niagara Falls, a spectacular waterfall in the Niagara River, is the world’s greatest waterfall by volume at 2,832 m3. It is split in two by Goat Island. The American Falls are 59 m high (21–34 m to rock debris at the base of the falls) and 260 m wide and carry about 10 per cent of the flow. The Canadian, or Horseshoe, Falls are 54 m high and 670 m wide, with the remaining 90 per cent of the flow. However, only the Canadian Falls fall freely to the Maid-of-the-Mist pool, where they have excavated a basin as deep or deeper than they are tall. The falls were formed some 14,000 years ago as retreating glaciers exposed the Niagara Escarpment, permitting the waters of Lake Erie, which formerly drained south, to flow northward into Lake Ontario.

    "https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/6ee4c921-2ba5-47cb-bfc5-8eebd83e3d65.jpg" // resources/views/front/categories/view.blade.php
    https://d3d0lqu00lnqvz.cloudfront.net/media/media/6ee4c921-2ba5-47cb-bfc5-8eebd83e3d65.jpg Niagara Falls (Waterfalls)
  • Article

    Takakkaw Falls

    Takakkaw Falls, situated just west of the Continental Divide in Yoho National Park, is Canada's second highest waterfall.

    "https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/images/tce_placeholder.jpg?v=e9dca980c9bdb3aa11e832e7ea94f5d9" // resources/views/front/categories/view.blade.php
    https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/images/tce_placeholder.jpg?v=e9dca980c9bdb3aa11e832e7ea94f5d9 Takakkaw Falls