Browse "Towns"

Article

Bracebridge

Bracebridge, ON, incorporated as a town in 1889, population 15,409 (2011c), 15 652 (2006c). The Town of Bracebridge is located in the District Municipality of Muskoka, on the north branch of the Muskoka River.

Article

Harbour Breton

Harbour Breton, NL, incorporated as a town in 1952, population 1711 (2011c), 1877 (2006c). The Town of Harbour Breton is situated around a protected harbour near the mouth of Fortune Bay on Newfoundland's south coast.

Article

Bridgewater

Bridgewater, NS, incorporated as a town in1899, population 8241 (2011c), 7944 (2006c). The Town of Bridgewater is located at the head of navigation on the LaHave River, 16 km from its mouth.

Article

Florenceville-Bristol

Florenceville-Bristol, NB, incorporated as a town in 2008, population 1639 (2011c), 1539 (2006c). Florenceville-Bristol was formed by the amalgamation of two villages, Florenceville and Bristol (both incorporated in 1966) and is situated 146 km up the SAINT JOHN RIVER from Fredericton.

Article

Burgeo

Burgeo, NL, incorporated as a town in 1950, population 1464 (2011c), 1607 (2006c).

Article

Burin

Burin, NL, incorporated as a town in 1950, population 2424 (2011c), 2483 (2006c). The Town of Burin is located along a protected inlet of Placentia Bay on the southeast coast of the Burin Peninsula.

Article

Pilot Butte

Pilot Butte is now a residential community for Regina, appealing to those who prefer a more rural lifestyle. This upward trend in population bucks the general Saskatchewan trend of depopulation of rural areas. A violent storm hit the area on 26 August 1995, damaging most homes in the community.

Article

Come By Chance

Come By Chance, NL, incorporated as a town in 1969, population 247 (2011c), 260 (2006c). The Town of Come by Chance is located at the head of PLACENTIA BAY on the Isthmus of Avalon.

Article

Grande Cache

Grande Cache, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1983, population 4319 (2011c), 3783 (2006c). The Town of Grande Cache is located 430 km northwest of Edmonton, on a mountain plateau near the confluence of the Smoky and Sulphur rivers.

Article

Caledon

Caledon, Ontario, incorporated as a town in 1974, population 59 460 (2011c), 57 050 (2006c). The Town of Caledon is located 15 km northwest of Toronto.

Article

Candiac

The Candiac Development Corporation (now Developpements urbain Candiac), a group of Canadian and European investors, owned utilized farmland in the parishes of Saint-Constant, Delson, Saint-Philippe and the town of LA PRAIRIE.

Article

Canmore

Canmore, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1966, population 12 288 (2011c), 12 039 (2006c). The Town of Canmore is located in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, five km east of BANFF NATIONAL PARK.

Article

Canora

Canora, Sask, incorporated as a town in 1910, population 2219 (2011c), 2013 (2006c). The Town of Canora is located 50 km north of Yorkton. The community was a creation of the CANADIAN NORTHERN RAILWAY which laid steel through the

Article

Canso

Canso, NS, incorporated as a town in 1901, population 806 (2011c), 911 (2006c). The Town of Canso is located on Chedabucto Bay, on the northeastern shore of mainland Nova Scotia.

Article

Strathroy-Caradoc

During its early history Strathroy suffered a number of devastating fires. In 1868 a blaze wiped out a considerable portion of Strathroy's business section. Several fires in manufacturing plants in the late 1890s and an agricultural depression caused a period of economic downturn for the town.

Article

Carberry

Carberry's major economic activity was agriculture. However, it has also became well known for the natural areas close by, especially Spruce Woods Provincial Park and Forest.

Article

Carbonear

Carbonear, NL, incorporated as a town in 1948, population 4739 (2011c), 4723 (2006c). The Town of Carbonear is located on the west shore of Conception Bay and is one of the oldest settlements in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Article

Cardston

Cardston, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1901, population 3580 (2011c), 3452 (2006c). The Town of Cardston is located 75 km southwest of LETHBRIDGE.