Browse "Provincial historic sites"

Displaying 41-50 of 50 results
Article

Rutherford House

Rutherford House is an elegant Edwardian house built in 1909 for Alexander Cameron RUTHERFORD, the first premier of Alberta and chancellor of the UNIVERSITY OF ALBERTA (1927-41).

Article

Kennedy House

Kennedy House is a provincial HISTORIC SITE located just north of Winnipeg on River Road, the old highway that connected the RED RIVER COLONY between LOWER FORT GARRY and UPPER FORT GARRY.

Article

Shand House

Shand House in WINDSOR, NS, is an ornate Victorian residence built by Clifford and Henrie Shand in 1890 as a family home. Clifford Shand was a noted bicycle racer and the son of a Windsor furniture manufacturer, and the interior of the house reflects this association with fine woodworking.

Article

Perkins House

 Perkins House in LIVERPOOL, NS, was built for Simeon PERKINS, who came from Connecticut and was one of the town's leading citizens in the late 18th century. Perkins was a merchant, shipowner and a colonel in the militia as well as being a judge and a member of the legislative assembly.

Article

Lawrence House Museum

The Lawrence House Museum in Maitland, NS, is both a national and a provincial HISTORIC SITE. It was built in about 1870 by the noted shipbuilder, William Lawrence, as a family home.

Article

Ross-Thomson House

The Ross-Thomson House is located in SHELBURNE, NS. At the end of the American Revolution, thousands of LOYALISTS arrived in Shelburne. Many quickly left, but others, like George and Robert Ross, settled and began businesses in the new town.

Article

McCulloch House

McCulloch House in PICTOU, NS, was built in about 1806 for Thomas MCCULLOCH, one of the Maritimes' leading educators and a theologian, writer and scholar of note. McCulloch arrived in Pictou in 1803 on his way to Prince Edward Island.

Article

Sherbrooke Village

Sherbrooke Village in Sherbrooke, NS, is unusual in that it is not a collection of historic buildings moved into a reconstructed townsite, but rather the older portion of the actual village of Sherbrooke.