Browse "Cities & Populated Places"

Article

Cap-de-la-Madeleine

Industrialization brought major residential construction. A second development phase began in 1938 with the opening of International Foils Ltd (Reynolds), which still operates.

Article

Cape Bonavista

Cape Bonavista, elevation 15-30 m, is the bare, rocky extremity of the Bonavista Peninsula, north of the town of Bonavista in eastern Newfoundland.

Article

Capital Cities

Capital cities are the designated centres of formal political power and administrative authority in their respective territories.

Article

Caraquet

Caraquet, NB, incorporated as a town in 1961, population 4169 (2011c), 4156 (2006c). The Town of Caraquet is located 68 km northeast of Bathurst.

Article

Carberry

Carberry's major economic activity was agriculture. However, it has also became well known for the natural areas close by, especially Spruce Woods Provincial Park and Forest.

Article

Carbonear

Carbonear, NL, incorporated as a town in 1948, population 4739 (2011c), 4723 (2006c). The Town of Carbonear is located on the west shore of Conception Bay and is one of the oldest settlements in Newfoundland and Labrador.

Article

Carcross

Carcross, Yukon, Settlement, population 289 (2011c), 280 (2006c). Carcross is a major Tagnish and Tlingit community located at the north end of Bennett Lake, 74 km south of Whitehorse.

Article

Cardigan

Cardigan, PEI, incorporated as a village in 1954 and as a community in 1983, population 332 (2011c), 374 (2006c). The Community of Cardigan is situated 54 km northeast of CHARLOTTETOWN. A fishing and farming community and the

Article

Cardston

Cardston, Alta, incorporated as a town in 1901, population 3580 (2011c), 3452 (2006c). The Town of Cardston is located 75 km southwest of LETHBRIDGE.

Article

Carleton Place

Carleton Place, Ont, incorporated as a town in 1890, population 9809 (2011c), 9453 (2006c). The Town of Carleton Place, located on the Mississippi River, 45 km southwest of OTTAWA.

Article

Carmacks

Carmacks, Yukon, incorporated as a village in 1984, population 503 (2011c), 425 (2006c). The Village of Carmacks is located on the YUKON RIVER at the mouth of the Nordenskiold River, 175 km downstream from WHITEHORSE. It was

Article

Carman

Carman, Manitoba, incorporated as a town in 1905, population 3027 (2011c), 2781 (2006c). The Town of Carman, located 80 km southwest of WINNIPEG on the Boyne River in the Pembina Triangle, is one of the most prosperous agricultural districts in Manitoba.

Article

Cartwright

Cartwright, NL, incorporated as a town in 1997, population 516 (2011c), 552 (2006c). The Town of Cartwright is located at the mouth of Sandwich Bay on the south coast of Labrador.

Article

Cassiar District

The Cassiar District lies in British Columbia's northwest corner; it historically encompasses the Stikine and Dease River watersheds and that of the upper Taku, NASS and Kechika.

Article

Castlegar

Castlegar, BC, incorporated as a city in 1974, population 7816 (2011c), 7259 (2006c). The City of Castlegar is located on the west bank of the COLUMBIA RIVER at its junction with the Kootenay River, midway between Calgary and Vancouver, and about 35 km north of the US border.

Article

Cavendish

 Established in 1790 by Scottish immigrants, Cavendish was originally a farming community. With the 1930s' establishment of the national park, TOURISM has become the community's principal employer. It was in Cavendish that novelist and native Lucy Maud MONTGOMERY wrote ANNE OF GREEN GABLES.

Article

Central Saanich

Central Saanich, BC, incorporated as a district municipality in 1950, population 15 936 (2011c), 15 745 (2006c). The District of Central Saanich is one of three district municipalities located on the SAANICH PENINSULA, about 21 km north of VICTORIA.

Article

Chambly

Chambly, Qué, City, pop 22 608 (2006c), 20 342 (2001c), inc 1965. Chambly is situated within the South Shore suburb area 25 km southeast of MONTRÉAL and is the centre of the rural Montérégie Region. The community fans out around Bassin de Chambly, a widening in the RIVIÈRE RICHELIEU.

Article

Chapleau

Chapleau, Ont, incorporated as a township of Sudbury District in 1901, population 2116 (2011c), 2354 (2006c). The Township of Chapleau is located on the Kebsquasheshing River (also known as the Chapleau River) in northeastern Ontario, 272 km northwest of GREATER SUDBURY.